Sunday, June 8, 2008

Yellowstone: the Sequel

In hindsight, I now see that my last post might have left the impression that the only thing Yellowstone had to offer was buffalo chips. Though it certainly had those in abundance, we did see some other things, including:

Some places where water came out of the ground






















Some places where ground came out of the water

Some things that were brown















And some things that were white.









We actually had a little more time in Yellowstone than we had planned, because we were originally thinking we might spend some time around Jackson Wyoming, but Robin got fresh with a dance hall girl there,



Which resulted in a nasty gunfight






So we had to hightail it out of town!

As I type this, we are racing pell-mell across southern Minnesota, feeling the first inklings of eagerness to be home again. A few more adventures to look forward to, I’m sure, but it feels like we’ve probably seen the last of the below-freezing weather; we actually had to buy ice for the cooler yesterday, for the first time, and when we pulled into Blue Mound State Park last night at 11:30 last night, we encountered our first BUGS of the trip. We almost felt like we were already home!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE your bear photo! I hope you were in the car and not on your bikes...

Kuhns/Maxwell Road Trippers said...

Well, I was on foot: rest of the fam was in the car yelling at me, but I was using a telephoto lens. And I had only smeared a small amount of honey on Sam's face for bait!